Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Very Dapper Weekend?

AD was in town this weekend so that meant a reunion with Charlie Kelly and...Bawseton, which I had been anxiously awaiting. As a review, Bawseton was the crazy, yet hilarious drug-loving cute guy who had spent an innocent night in my bed over Deadmau5 weekend, a couple months before. We hadn't spoken much but I was excited to see what antics he and Charlie Kelly would get themselves into. The three of them were staying at a hotel near Murray Hill, because Charlie Kelly's apartment had suffered severe water damage as a result of inadequate repair men. I met them there and was informed by AD that Bawseton would be coming outside to let me in. We hugged and the first thing he said to me was:
"We were just reading your blog".
I paused and in disbelief asked "You were??"
"Yea, it's really well-written."
Mortified, I practically yelled "Oh god, you weren't supposed to see that!"

It turns out AD had wanted to show them a snippet from the entry "Deadmau5 Weekend Part 2", chronicling our ridiculous dubstep experience at Webster Hall. She brought it up on her phone but Bawseton snatched it away. We aren't sure how much he read, but he was likely not impressed with the way I had portrayed him (even though it's pretty accurate). So would Bawseton and I be extending our 16 hour romance? Def not.

Once in the hotel room, I was greeted by two more of Bawseton/Charlie Kelly's friends (one of whom turned out to be Lily Pulitzer's nephew), and a plethora of alcoholic bevs. I had come from a work happy hour, followed by more drinks with Russian Rocher, so needless to say the night escalated quickly. We were heading down to the Rusty Knot to meet up with more of their friends but once we arrived they were leaving. A group of us wandered around the West Village for what seemed like forever. I was getting grumpy and demanded that I needed to pee. They wanted to try and go to Little Branch (not going to happen with a group of 15 people, since the bar holds about that many people) so we ended up at one the guy's apartments. It turns out he was Charlie Kelly's drug dealer, so you know what was going on behind the closed doors. AD and I amused ourselves with dranks and petting the adorably fat dog, until it was decided that the original 4 of us would be heading down to Soho for one of Baweston's friends' bday parties.
We were having a hard time hailing a cab until Charlie Kelly coerced a limo driver into taking us. I hopped in and suddenly had a flashback to being in one with Ibanker and a couple of the other Croatia boys months ago (see Weekend 5). Just as before we took pics and yelled out the window to people until we reached our destination. Once inside the unmarked bar, Baweston disappeared, resurfaced a while later to buy me a drink, then spent the rest of the night talking to an ugly girl. AD and I stuck together and while standing at the bar, had a guy tell us to take shots with them. There were about 12 tequila shots lined up on the bar and they began to pass them to us. BAD idea. When will I learn my lesson? I took two and this is what did me in. We talked to these said boys (who were probably NYU sophomores) for a few minutes then headed to the dancefloor where we spent the rest of the night. Charlie Kelly came to join us and the three of us decided that we loved the poledancer on the platform next to us. We were also offended when the dj wouldn't, for some reason, play Loca People. I'm not sure how much time passed but I suddenly decided that I needed to leave and did so abruptly, barely saying goodbye to them. Once outside, I had no idea where I was and wandered around looking for the subway, getting increasingly pissed off. I decided to call AD (b/c someone at a crowded bar who doesn't live in NYC would be able to help me) and apparently left her a nasty voicemail with a follow-up text that I never wanted to hang out with the boys again. Now I was a little bit disappointed about Bawseton and that I was going home alone, but still no excuse to act like a belligerent child. I eventually made it to the subway and sat in what I was think was the Union Square station, on the stairs, waiting for my train. This was definitely not a night I should've been going home by myself, not in my state. A hipster wearing a fur Russian hat, moved in vulture-like and talked to me until his stop, forcing me to put his number in my phone. I then promptly fell asleep, miraculously waking up at my stop. HOT MESS.
The next afternoon I went to meet the three of them for brunch. Considering my state the night before, I was somehow doing ok, hangover-wise. Luckily, pretty much everyone else was at or below my level. AD could only eat bread, Charlie Kelly had made a loud, pre-puke noise when he took a sip of his bloody mary and Bawseton, well, had not stayed at their hotel. Mmmhmm. After brunch, the group split. AD and I headed into Chelsea for the American Apparel warehouse sale (where Baweston requested I purchase a "sick rompa") and then to 5th Ave to look at the ridic Christmas window displays. The boys had mysterious plans, but we were pretty sure it involved drinking and/or drugs. They were also going to a party at the Gansevoort Park that night, to which AD and I would not be attending. This fete was being thrown by a friend of Bawseton's--it was called the Dapper Party, and the $100 tickets were sold out. We were insanely jealous and also a bit pissed off that the boys had failed to tell us about it beforehand. AD understandably so, since she was in town to mostly visit Charlie Kelly. Luckily she had me, and I knew we could put together some plans for the night with Russian Rocher.
After our afternoon, AD and I headed back to the hotel (which I discovered was right next door to where I had had my awkward date with Lace over the summer, see Out with the Interns) to nap and shower. Halfway through my nap, the boys busted into the room, yelling and in possession of enough drugs to purchase a small Latin American country. Relaxation over. I put on my unitard I had purchased at the sale (instead of the sick romp) and pranced around the room, getting ready and singing along to Loca People. I helped Baweston choose a shirt/tie combo and the four of us fought for mirror space. The boys left before us, with Charlie Kelly apologizing profusely that we weren't coming with. AD and I dismissed this and left shortly after to head back to Greenwich Village to meet her old college roommates at 124 Old Rabbit Club. We had trouble finding the place but finally did, right before we froze to death. The two girls had been on a day-long bar crawl and had oddly, ended here. It was a tiny unmarked bar, basically in a basement and was slowly filling with hipsters, which was pissing me off. These girls were not at all hipster and lived on Long Island. They were both very nice and I was disappointed when a short while later they decided it was time to head home.

Now time to meet up with Russian Rocher and head to Yahtzee's. Two other girls were there, one of whom I had met, and then his roommate (not Deux luckily) and a couple of his friends walked in. I recognized the one from Yahtzee's bday party over the summer and from my bday party as well. He was a tall, skinny Vineyard Vines clad lad and we will call him, The Eagle. They joined up with us and we headed down the street to Solas. It was less than thrilling and after about 5 minutes, like a gift from the heavens, Yahtzee said that his coworker had a table at 1 Oak in Meatpacking. This club is famous and hard to get into so I basically pushed everyone out of the bar and into cabs.
Yahtzee was the last to meet us all there so we all chatted while we stood in line, freezing. Once he arrived though the bouncer lifted up the rope and we were all let in. This shit rarely happens to me so I was pretty excited. We were led right to a vip table filled with grey goose and champagne. I filled my glass up with champagne to the brim and then surveyed the scene--this club was filled with some of the most beautiful and ridiculous people I have ever seen. The uniform for girls seemed to be giant heels, a fur coat and a messy bun. I also spotted an older couple wearing matching white bell-bottoms and t-shirts with spray painted neon peace signs all over them. Everyone was smoking and at one point while we were trying to take a picture some guy stopped right in front of us and lit his cigarette with a candle on our table. There was a guy wearing Harry Potter glasses who somehow creeped into our group and introduced himself to me three separate times. Luckily he left me alone after he grew pissy when I asked if I could try on his glasses.
I spent a good deal of the evening talking to the Eagle. He was fairly interesting and his mannerisms reminded me of Ibanker's. Just what I need in my life. Of course I was drawn to him though and even remember thinking he was cute when I saw him at Yahtzee's party. One of the tables next to us had left, leaving 3 quarters of a bottle of grey goose. We debated trying to take some and apparently the Eagle even did when I had wandered away for a second and was promptly scolded by a bouncer who appeared out of nowhere. The booze was flowing and this is when things escalated. Suddenly the coworker, who Yahtzee had described as "the king of finance" and who was in reality hot and Irish, and the Harry Potter friend pulled AD and me up onto a platform to dance with them. I was having a hard time maintaining my balance in my platforms so I'm sure I made a phenomenal dance partner. This didn't stop the coworker from making out with me though, in full view of the Eagle. Keep in mind that the Eagle and I had made fun of a couple earlier in the night for PDAing and agreed that it was trashy. Oops. This did not last for too long though, because Harry Potter was getting grabby with AD and we were forced to run away from them. I didn't see the coworker again and the Eagle later approached me on the dancefloor to inform me he was leaving. I had probably effed things up with both guys, but at least AD and I had an awesome time. We stumbled out after last call and headed back to my apartment, AD in defiance of Charlie Kelly's bad behavior (he still hadn't called her to meet back up). We grabbed delish breakfast sandwiches and went to sleep as the sun was coming up. Now we could brag to the boys--guess it was us who had had the dapper night after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment