Thursday, March 17, 2011

Weekend 5

So the last post provided you with the appropriate background for Friday night. But first...

Thursday night- Remember pseudo-guido from a couple of weekends ago? Well he somehow found me on facebook (even though I am hidden...?) and we exchanged a couple of messages. He invited me out to get some drinks Thursday night. I figured why the hell not since he could possibly be gay anyway and maybe I could meet some more people. Though come Thursday, I wondered what the f I was thinking the whole day. I decided not to cancel and trucked it to Soho in the freezing cold, while chatting on the phone with my bff from home. About 15 minutes in I realized I was quickly approaching Chinatown--like an idiot, I had gone the wrong way. I turned around and basically had to run and still managed to arrive 20 minutes late, toes numb and snot dripping from my nose. Though not as embarassing as it could have been because it was just--him. Before I knew it we were whisked away from the bar to a table in the restaurant. I had somehow gotten myself into another awkward date. Guess he's not gay. It didn't go badly, though it seemed like we were there forever. I ate my face off and drank an unhealthy amount of sangria while he recounted stories about his fraternity from 10 years earlier. I feigned interest and yapped back about god knows what. When it was finally time to leave he walked me to the subway (gentlemanly at least). We chatted awkwardly for a minute but he seemed to be sticking around longer than he should. Oh no, I thought in horror....he went for it, kissed me right on the mouth. I was not pleased, as I barely knew this guy and didn't know I was going to be on a date with him until I actually arrived. Dealbreaker. But at least I arrived home in time to watch the Jersey Shore!

Friday night- After my disaster date the night before I received a text from ibanker- there was a birthday celebration for the other ibanker, whom we had met on the beach, this night. I was ecstatic--a reunion with the boys! I was excited the whole day like a huge loser and gleefully chose my outfit. I walked to the subway somewhat on time. Right before getting into Manhattan I realized I had somehow forgotten my wallet. Fail. Had to go all the way back and missed dinner. I arrived at the Park Ave sushi place in time to witness their whole table do a saki bomb (I refrained) and then yell to their waiter that he looked like the guy from the Hangover (he did). Three of the ibankers I had met in Europe were there. We hugged and I was especially excited to see the Polish one (that is, Polish like me). After they paid their massive bill we took a couple cabs to the East Village and went to Bowery Hotel. Had a couple drinks and went to the next place, some sort of speakeasy. Let's keep in mind that I had skipped dinner--classic mistake. Rounds of drinks, as usual, and ibanker-from-Europe-number 4 shows up. Introduces himself and has no idea who I am. When I inform him, he is surprised because "my hair is different". "Yea", the others chime in, "it's lighter!". Keep in mind that these boys had met me one time and hadn't seen me in over 6 months, meanwhile I had seen my ibanker how many times since and he never noticed my hair. Amusing. To the next bar we go. We split up to hails cabs. Standing on a corner with ibanker 2 I see my iabnker and ibanker 4 waving us over to a limo. These assholes had convinced the limo driver to take us. I immediately jump in, take up a whole seat and begin to push all the buttons. The most hilarious ride ever. We arrive at the bar and all stumble out and go inside. Hazy--I had conversations with multiple different people in our group and have no idea what was said. I was convinced one of the girls who was part of our group was a rando from the bar before. I think at one point I spotted ibanker talking to a different girl. I couldn't remember where I put my coat at the end of the night and almost ended up in tears again. I was so hungover the next day that I had to turn on the shower and run the sink while I threw up in ibanker's bathroom and couldn't leave until 3 in the afternoon. So my night with the ibankers had definetly been more successful over the summer. That's what I get for trying to keep up with them.

Saturday night- At this point I decided that to keep being a normal human being I needed to call it quits for a night. I really had no choice as I had to power-write a paper for my online grad class the whole night. I was exhausted, not feeling well and paranoid that I had done something to embarass myself the night before. It was not a good night and is the only weekend night so far that I have stayed in, in NYC. It was needed though as the next weekend turned out to be truly epic....

No comments:

Post a Comment