Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Weekend 7

Friday/Friday Night- I decided that this was going to be a productive day. I went to bed early the night before so I could wake up early and get some errands done. I wanted to go to the grocery store and do my massive amount of laundry. But somehow with my terrible time-management skills, I realized halfway through my laundry that not only was I not going to have enough time to go to the store but I wasn't even going to be able to dry my clothes completely. Pissed off, I hauled my half-dry clothes back to my apartment and hung them all around my room like a hoarder. I hussled to get ready and made it out of the house with enough time to catch the train for work. Or so I thought. I arrive at the subway and the entrances are blocked off--no trains running. In Queens. At all. WHAAT?! I ran around hysterically trying to figure out what to do--did I need to take a bus, should I take cab? I called my boss and told her I was going to be late. She was not pleased after last weekend. As I stood on the corner where I guessed the bus picked up I heard a train pull up and saw people get on it. WTF. So I ran back over and now trains were magically running again, but with delays. I waited for awhile, finally got on a train and cursed my life the whole ride in. I made good time though and when I got to my stop realized I was only about 10 minutes late. I scooted up the stairs and was greeted with...a typhoon. The rain was pouring down as hard as I had ever seen it. Of course I had no umbrella. I had no choice--I ran. I had made it about 4 blocks when it started to rain so hard I couldn't even see in front of me. I hopped up on a window ledge to try and wait it out. I realized I must look like the drowned-rat-esque model in the window display of the Soho Diesel store. I cursed my life again. After 5 minutes the rain showed no signs of letting up and I continued my run. I arrived 20 minutes late, absolutely soaked and almost in tears. I think this is the only reason my boss was sympathetic.
I worked my shift and was not in the best mood. One of my co-workers picked up on this and said that all of us should go for drinks after work. I considered it until later in the shift it was just three people working and he had mentioned drinks to no one. It was just the two of us and he inquired if I was still interested in a drink. At this point I had the sneaking suspision he meant just for us. I cringed--this kid is obnoxious, a ginger, and has a gimpy arm. Seriously. I was embarassed, annoyed and feeling badly for him all at the same time. I said quickly that I was tired and tried not to go near him for the rest of the shift.
Luckily drinks were taking place later that night. At the Beer Garden in Astoria. Hipster was going to be there, as well as my friend CB, who is from home and lives in Astoria as well. I was on the N train and we had just gotten into Queens when I started to hear yelling. I looked in the window to see if I could tell what was going on in the reflection. A man with a weird headscarf yelling at another guy. Great. The yellling did not subside and at one point he started with "I don't care who is on this train!". I decided I could definitely squeeze under the seat if I needed to. At this point everyone is watching. We get to a stop and someone tries to push crazy man through the door. Then all hell breaks loose. He turns around and starts to punch someone. Pretty much everyone in my car gets up and books it out the door. Because of my morbid curiosity I considered staying put for a second but ended up running off as well. We waited around for the police in the next train car and when that insanity was finally resolved I was able to proceed with my night.
Went to the beer garden and was greeted by CB stumbling down the stairs with her own pitcher of beer. Apparently they had been giving out free pitchers (yes pitchers) earlier in the night and CB was on number 2. I helped myself to some and we found Hipster and his crew. We all stood around, CB and Hipster drunkenly yelling about our hometown, Hipster's arm around my waist, me trying to shift away. CB had also met two friends, both named Gary, who were socializing. I didn't stay very long as everyone had been drinking for hours and were ready to leave. On the way out Hipster tried very hard to convince me to go back to Brooklyn with him. Absolutely not. And may I point out that I haven't heard from him since.

Saturday night- I had bigger fish to fry. Cute guy was back in the picture. After my drunk texts to him he had sent me a facebook message earlier in the week inviting me out this weekend. I debated it for awhile--did I really want to do that again? It was clear it was just for one thing. And let me add right now that I am NOT sleeping with the ibanker, nor have I ever. Just so no one gets the wrong idea. So i went back and forth, decided I wasn't going to text him. I made other plans and these fell through. So with pushing from my roommate and my friend at home eventually decided to text him. He was out of course and invited me to meet him in Murray Hill. I chose a cute outfit, mixed a drink for my subway ride and went for it. He met me wandering around 28th street, lost. We went back to the bar, talking rapidly about our infamous night and when the baby was due. We decided that we were going to raise the shit out of it, to be an all-star partier. He had a group of friends at the bar. One recognized me, which I was afraid of. "I remember you--Rachel!!". Yes that's me, kind of. He quickly bought me a drink while cute guy took my coat. The night went surprisinly well--I was only moderately harassed for THE night. We drank and chatted. Towards the end of the night I decided to tell him about my French exboyfriend, and then didn't remember doing so when he asked me a question about him 5 minutes later. Tacky. We got pizza, where I loudly talked about a girl's ugly outfit. Back to his place, obv. In the morning he read me an excerpt of an email that apparently his group of friends send out every weekend morning (or morning after a night out). I was featured in it as the girl who didn't laugh at his friend's jokes. I was not aware jokes were being made. We went to brunch and had a normal conversation, where we didn't talk about our baby (but had decided that it would be very good looking). He planned my route to work for me, walked me to the subway, goodbye kiss and off I went to slave away at the coffee shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment