Monday, December 12, 2011

Boys will be boys

Things got interesting with the boys in the week after my birthday. Deux had really been putting in quite an effort. Texting daily, and even calling me just to chat. However, I was not sure how I felt about him, so I chose to never actually take these calls. I was put off by him--his red hair and goofiness and felt that something was not right. Not to mention the fact of getting involved again with one of Yahtzee's friends. I did not want to be that girl. I did agree to let him take me out to dinner when he extended the invitation though--just to really be sure. I already knew that these finance guys could get under your skin if you hung out with them long enough so I was cautious. We went to dinner at a decent Thai place near his apartment, of course. This was followed by drinks at the 13th Step, a less than favorable date spot. I was now officially a Tuesday night cheap date. Despite all this I, for reasons unbeknownst to me, did stay the night. And what a bad idea that was. Or maybe good, as it made me realize that my qualms were for a reason. Deux turned out to be extremely pushy, if you get my drift. I informed him multiple times that what he wanted would not be happening, yet he still kept trying, even waking me in the middle of the night when my guard was down. I was not pleased with his midnight rape attempt, and decided that there was no way we were going out again. Except I left my glasses case at his apartment, like an idiot. To be continued.....
Fast forward to the weekend. I had bought tickets to see MGMT perform at the museum where I work and invited Mason to come with me as my date. Of course it turned out to be one of the worst concerts I had ever seen. They played for abour 45 minutes, failing to play any songs we knew, or even any with lyrics. The PR for the event had been terrible; the fact that this was going to be an artsy set inspired by the new exhibit and not an actual concert had not been made clear. Mason and I weren't sure what to think afterwards. This and the fact that I was going through the worst PMS of my life exacerbated the situation (Mason didn't want to go out) and we actually got in a minor tiff. It was cleared up on the subway ride downtown and then things were fine again. But the fact that this happened so early on concerned me.
The next day I headed back to the museum to meet Russian Rocher to actually go see the new exhibit. This was followed by dessert at the Neue Galerie's cafe and seeing a movie in Union Square. After her friend met us and we headed to the Pourhouse for dinner. I was thinking that it was nice to be hanging out with girls for once and I filled them in on what happened with Deux. After my story, the friend mentioned that she has seen Deux with a lot of different girls, which disgusted me. No time for that though as we had to get our plans in order for the night. A guy I knew from Cuse had recently moved to NYC and was a club promoter. He was constantly texting me to go out to parties in Meatpacking but I had never been able to find a girl friend to go with. Until now. I was a bit intimidated by his texts stating that we needed to tall, skinny and in heels. Typical. We decided to give it a try anyway though and headed to another bar in the East Village before heading over there. To our surprise, Yahtzee came and met us out. Luckily nothing was said of Deux and I was relieved that maybe Yahtzee didn't even know what was going on. Two other Croatia boys joined us, one of whom I hadn't seen since originally meeting them. He was clearly not aware of things with Ibanker and I going sour, so of course asked if I had talked to him lately. I responded with a quick no. And I'm sure a dark cloud passed over my face when he then proceeded to ask if I had gone to the Hamptons with him. I said that I was supposed to go but didn't make and his response that the whole group seemed a little too into it honestly made my night. We separated from them a short time after and headed to RdV. Luckily we had no problems getting in though I thought there was nothing special about the club. They played some house music though and I drank for free so that's always a plus. We stayed for awhile and danced our faces off until deciding to head elsewhere. And on our way out who did we run into but Deux, flanked by two Asian girls. He apparently knows the promoter as well though I still don't know if he knew I was at the club. Yahtzee stopped to tell him we were heading out and I stood next to him silently, partially disgusted and partially amused. Deux said he and his harem were going to head in, and relieved that they wouldnt be coming with us, I enthusiastically nodded my head in agreement.
I was pleased that I apparently wouldn't have to have an awkward chat with Deux about not seeing each other anymore. But what to do about my glasses case? I texted him the next afternoon and said that I would be stopping by their apartment to pick it up and if he could leave it out. He responded simply with "k". When I arrived a few hours later the case was out on the coffee table. The light in his room was on but he did not come out. He mustve known I was there since I was chatting with Yahtzee. This guy was a first rate douche bag. Pleased that I had taken care of this pesky errand I headed down to the 9th Ward to meet up with High School and drown my sorrows in some Purple Haze. It had been awhile since I had seen him, and I knew that he was still with his girlfriend, who was now also living in New York (facebook is creepy). He had still never metioned her to me and he did not this time as well. He had a good time, as usual, and even went to Criff Dog afterwards (note he did not buy my hotdog nor did I have anything to do with his "hot dog").
To wrap up Deux. He sent me a text a few days later asking how my week was, which I ignored. He then over the next couple of weeks, sent me a Happy Thanksgiving text, an invitation to their NYE party, an inquiry of my plans one weekend night and finally an invitation to go Christmas shopping with him that day. Enough is enough. Apparently I was going to have the conversation with him. I laid it out on the table, and was honest--he was too pushy and I didn't want things to be awkward with Yahtzee. I said we could still hang out. He was cool about it of course, and I was pleased that I would still be able to hang out with that group without things being too weird. Though I will definitely be keeping an eye on my drink when he is around.
                                          Oh hey MGMT, you kind of blew

1 comment:

  1. Deux and his harem and High school's hot dog! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete